Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade SEEMS 11.1.3 to 11.2

Posted Aug 17, 2018 07:28 AM
      |   view attached

I'm attempting an inplace upgrade from 11.1.3 (Running on W2012 R2) to 11.2.

Firstly, is this a valid upgrade path, the latest version listed in the documentation as a supported route is 11.1.1?

If its' not a valid path, that could explain the error I'm getting after installing the SEE Server Suite.

The install runs through fine as per notes, but when I launch the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Manager from the server I get a "You are not authorized to view this Snap-in" error for all the snap-in except AD Users and Computers and the GPM.

Could anyone advise please?

• 2.  RE: Upgrade SEEMS 11.1.3 to 11.2
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2018 10:38 AM

I'm not aware of any issues upgrading a SEEMS from 11.1.3 to 11.2, and I'm pretty sure I did this on our estate (as attested by our internal RFCs), so it should work fine.

The error you're seeing sounds like you've been playing with the Server Roles feature in the SEE Configuration Wizard/Manager (not the MMC), so I'd recommend firing this up and checking to see what you have configured.

• 3.  RE: Upgrade SEEMS 11.1.3 to 11.2

Posted Aug 17, 2018 11:35 AM

We'd created a helpdesk roll for service desk users which had been working without issue. Once the upgrade had been run, it wouldn't allow changes to the 'Server Roles'.

I reverted the snapshot and switched off 'Manage server roles' prior to the upgrade. The upgrade ran through successfully (as previous) but I was now able to access all the MMCs.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!