Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade SEPM 12 to 14 move to new Serve 2012

Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:08 AM

Currently running SEPM 12.1.6 on Server 2008 32bit, and want to upgrade to SEPM 14 but it no longer supports 32 bit, so I would like to install SEPM 14 on a new Server 2012 64 bit. Running SQL on a different server that is compatible. Server name and ip will be different for the upgrade to SEPM 14. Looking for the best route to take.

• 2.  RE: Upgrade SEPM 12 to 14 move to new Serve 2012

Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:12 AM

This article provides the full detail:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-move-sepm-one-server-another-server

You can choose from either replication or Disaster recovery. See Option 3.

• 3.  RE: Upgrade SEPM 12 to 14 move to new Serve 2012

Posted May 31, 2017 12:50 PM

Our best option is to do disaster recovery and referrring to the SQL Server Datases  Tech Article 104389; It mentions to decommnssion the exisitng manager making sure that it is no longer able to connect to the MS SQL Server hosting the SEPM database. What is the recommened method as our SQL db resides on a separate server?

• 4.  RE: Upgrade SEPM 12 to 14 move to new Serve 2012

Posted May 31, 2017 01:51 PM

those steps talks about SEPM DB on a different server.

take the recovery file backup from the old server and turn it of 

bring up the new server with the same name and IP address of the old SEPM server

in the MSCW, choose  Install an additional management server to an existing Site.

point it to the existing database with the same SQL or windows credentials 

and ensure to use the latest recovery file

follow the next steps carefully 

you should be all set once the database initialization and the remaining parts of the wizard is done.

all your clients will automatically point to this new SEEM server in an assumption that its still the old SEEM.

• 5.  RE: Upgrade SEPM 12 to 14 move to new Serve 2012

Posted Jun 02, 2017 03:33 PM

I have completed the recovery method and I have the SEPM running on a new server. I have uninstalled the SEPM on the other server. HOwever, I do notoice that the old server is still listed under the Loca Site in teh Management Server, but it shows the same IP as teh new server. Status also shows Offline?? However, all of my clients are communicating and appears to be working. Any ideas on how to remove the old server and if the status should show online?

• 6.  RE: Upgrade SEPM 12 to 14 move to new Serve 2012

Posted Jun 03, 2017 02:24 AM

just select the old server and do a right clict you have have option to remove the old server.