Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading DLP 11.6.2 to 12.0

Posted Feb 26, 2015 06:09 PM

As part of some work I'm undertaking for a client to raise their DLP environment to the latest version, I have to firstly upgrade DLP 11.6.2 to 12.0.

I simulated their environment in my test lab and the upgrade sailed through with no problems.

So, it comes to performing the upgrade in production. Precheck is passed successfully but the upgrade failed with the following error:

The upgrade has been canceled and your Enforce server remains on the  current version, but your DLP database may be in an inconsistent state. For further assistance, see the Troubleshooting section of the Upgrade Guide for solutions.

I've tried the upgrade twice with the same error.

The Upgrade Guide is of no use for this error. The error is referenced within the catalina.log file but all I can see is that part way through the DB upgrade an error was thrown.

Does anyone have any idea why the upgrade failed? 

Thanks
    Mark

• 2.  RE: Upgrading DLP 11.6.2 to 12.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 09:32 PM

can you attach the sql_error.log ?

• 3.  RE: Upgrading DLP 11.6.2 to 12.0

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 07:57 AM

hello,

Standard issue with DB upgrade is about privilege of protect account on oracle server, especially if it worked fine in test lab. Check in upgrade log files were error happened....

Regards.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading DLP 11.6.2 to 12.0

Posted Feb 27, 2015 08:59 AM

There is a known issue (internal to Symantec) that may be causing this. I ran into it with an update exactly like yours. I'd recommend opening a case. It requires a change to the database schema to resolve (assuming this is the same issue).

Aaron

• 5.  RE: Upgrading DLP 11.6.2 to 12.0

Posted Mar 09, 2015 06:26 PM
    All I raised a support case for this and the upgrade problem was resolved by applying the JAN2015CPU patch and manually re-running the upgrade wizard. As Aaron mentioned there was a schema modification required that this patch addressed. Thanks to all for your replies.