Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading from LogicBase 2007

Posted Jul 21, 2010 09:07 AM
    We are still running LogicBase 2007.  What would our upgrade path be to get to the most recent version of Workflow Solution? 

• 2.  RE: Upgrading from LogicBase 2007

Posted Jul 21, 2010 01:15 PM

The Symantec Workflow Solution installer is available by installing the Workflow Solution for SMP. On running the installer, you can select the Upgrade option.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading from LogicBase 2007

Posted Jul 22, 2010 08:34 AM

We are running workflow on an IIS server.   I read something about having to install a notification server, which we do not have today.  Is that necessary and does it require it's own hardware?

• 4.  RE: Upgrading from LogicBase 2007

Posted Jul 22, 2010 08:52 AM
    Where do I obtain the media for the upgrade?  Our software maintenance is current.

• 5.  RE: Upgrading from LogicBase 2007

Posted Jul 22, 2010 09:06 AM
    Hi Atkins,

i would actually suggest watching the full Workflow 7 Installation video.  It and other helpful information can be found here:  http://www.workflowswat.com/get-started

T
    he Notification Server (NS) you referenced was renamed the Symantec Management Platform (SMP) in version 7, but they are virtually the same thing.  You can install everything on the same server if you are using the 32 bit version of Workflow.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Workflow then a separate server is required for SMP, as the 64 bit version is not out yet (reported to be available later this year).

Having done this upgrade for several clients, I want to caution you that some of your processes may require some rework for publication to Workflow 7.  We found that some of the libraries have changed in ways that require some reconfiguring of processes, but unfortunately I don't have a complete list of which libraries are affected.

Hope this helps.

-Aaron