Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?

Posted Nov 20, 2009 08:52 AM
    Hello,

I am considering upgrading from our current MR4 installation to RU5 soon and was wondering if there are any consistant issues I should be aware of.  I did a quick search of the forum and found several people had issues, but I am more interested in things that everyone has been experiencing either during the upgrade process or as a result of the upgrade process.  I am hesitant to upgrade as SEP as we have it is the most stable is has been since we switched and I would rather not introduce new problems into the enviroment.  Supposedly there are some fixes in the previous MP updates as well as RU5 that should fix the remaining issues we have been experiencing with the product.

I am eager to get feedback from the members.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2009 10:47 AM

While upgrading to RU5 plaese make sure you follow this kb properly

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2009090313483348

• 3.  RE: Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?

Posted Nov 20, 2009 10:57 AM
    there should be no problems.
    I now migrated several customer systems from MR4 MP2 to RU5 without any problems.
    I do not think there is much of a choice if you want to protect Windows 7 clients.

Only thing I found out while upgrading several systems is reported in my blog...and not much of a problem.

so far my experiences with migrating to RU5...

• 4.  RE: Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?

Posted Nov 20, 2009 02:22 PM
    Sounds like it should be a pretty straight forward upgrade.  Where there any noticible differences between the two versions?  Better/worse performance?  Existing issues cleared up by upgrade?  We have some small issues with information reporting correctly in the SEPM console currently and issues with scheduled reports not being generated at the same time each day, but other than that things are running fairly well right now.  Our bandwidth still takes a massive hit whenever there is replication between the SEPMs at our locations.  It would be great if that could be throttled at some point in the future.

• 5.  RE: Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?

Posted Nov 20, 2009 03:44 PM
     Only problems I've had so far were due to using multiple locations to set GUPs for different sites (fixed in RU5 with the option for multiple GUPs in one LU policy)  and I'm not sure why but when adding an install package to a group, the upgrade has gone haywire on a few machines and installed the full package instead of just AV/AS like I manually selected for the package. Very frustrating, to say the least. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with a problem I ran into when I upgraded the SEPM to RU5. After first log in, it didn't list the 11.0.5 install packages...only the previous 11.0.4202 packages so I had to manually add the newest version.

• 6.  RE: Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?

Posted Nov 22, 2009 12:21 PM
     FYI...we have 2 SEPM servers and 2 sites that replicate.  Both servers upgraded to RU5 without any issues and seemed to be fine.  A few days later, i noticed that none of my 400 clients had 'green dots' in the SEPM console.   And, i looked at a dozen or so clients directly and noticed that all of them said the Management Server was offline.   Not sure if this had anything to do with the upgrade, but all 400 were reporting to the server fine before i upgraded.   I have not found a solution yet, other than doing a restore of both servers from before the upgrade...which i really don't want to do!

Just wanted to give you a heads up before upgrading to RU5.....

• 7.  RE: Upgrading from MR4 11.0.4000.2295 to RU5 - Any Issues?

Posted Nov 23, 2009 11:40 PM
    I have 18 server and already upgrade to MR5. except 1, everything seems fine. I hope nothing happen. If any issue when upgrading to MR5, please inform to all of us...