Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Using Ghost 2002 to deploy mutliple images at once

Posted Jul 12, 2007 06:24 AM
    HI,

I am a total novice to ghost and was wondering if someone could point me to an article, post or instruction manual on how to deploy mutliple images at once Using Ghost 2002.
    Do i need a domain controller to do this or can i use a single pc and and boot disk to copy the image down to the PC's?
    Sorry if i am being vague but I need as much info as possible!

thanks

Dave

• 2.  RE: Using Ghost 2002 to deploy mutliple images at once

Posted Jul 12, 2007 09:19 PM
    There's no built-in facility in Ghost 2002 or 2003 for sending an image to lots of machines at once; 2002 and 2003 were single-user "Personal" editions of Ghost while the network facilities were in the corporate editions with the management console.

Although you might in theory be able to make a boot disk that restored an image file from a network share on a mapped drive using 2002 the personal editions were licensed for use with only a single machine - essentially for the kind of thing you're asking for you'd need a Ghost license for each machine.

Depending on how many machines you want to image, moving from 2002 to the current corporate version might suit you better; there's a link to the 30-day trial download from the product page which you can use to see what the current products are like.