Expand all | Collapse all

VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Michael Simomson

Michael SimomsonOct 11, 2018 11:58 AM

Michael Simomson

Michael SimomsonOct 11, 2018 12:01 PM

• 1.  VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Sep 28, 2018 07:47 AM

I upgraded my Mac to the Mojave 10.14 OS and VIP token does not work with current version. Any idea when Symantec will release a compatible version?

• 2.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 03, 2018 12:21 PM

I'm having the same issue. Can anyone help?

• 3.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 05, 2018 08:58 AM

Same for me. Please confirm when we can expect an update with Mojave support.

• 4.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2018 10:39 AM

Hi folks. I am working on getting an answer for you now. Can you share a screenshot of the error?

• 5.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 10, 2018 05:12 AM

Here you go.  Error comes up when you try to install the VIP application.

Seems to be pretty self explanatory.

• 6.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:57 AM

When will this issue be resolved? Come on Symantec, release an update! 

• 7.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:58 AM

When is this issue going to be resolved??

• 8.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:00 PM

When is this issue going to be resolved? Come on Symantec, release an update soon!

• 9.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:01 PM

When is this going to be resolved???

• 10.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 12:26 PM

Thanks for the screenshot. This is currently being worked on. I'll continue to monitor progress and update as they're made.

• 11.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 13, 2018 05:59 AM

Hi Andreas,

Is there any workaroud for this ? I am unable to login to my VPN without VIP.

Any compatible version with 10.14 Mojave ?

• 12.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 13, 2018 03:07 PM

Just a tip for those waiting (like Me).

The workaround I am using now is to install the VIP Token application for your mobile device and use that to generate the code.

Not ideal, but it's a good stopgap until Symantec gets around to updating their app. This same exact situation has happened with the VIP app for just about every MacOS release until they finally get around to updating the VIP app..

• 13.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 15, 2018 12:46 PM

Well, this isn't shocking as it never worked on 10.13.x either.  Promises of an update went for over a year and nothing.

Using the iPhone alone as it's the only way to do it.  Mac support for VIP is awful.  I will make sure that when choices come up for clients that I look for alternatives now.

• 14.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Here's the thread and the "resolution".

Proximity for macOS Broken?

• 15.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:55 AM
      |   view attached

This is not related to our problem.

Still no resolution or workaround? I've Mac OS 10.14

• 16.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Oct 30, 2018 05:25 AM

(3) Support for macOS Mojave (10.14 ) is planned to be released during the first week of November 2018. 
    https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH240468.html

It's too late to be unkind to not report.

• 17.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Nov 10, 2018 07:29 AM

"Oh good, first week of November"

:looks at calendar:

"Yep, some things never change at Symantec"

• 18.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 01:30 PM

The build was released through VIP Manager last week. It is now posted to https://vip.symantec.com.

• 19.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 01:46 PM

VIP Access For Mac (1.0.6) has been released. This build is posted to VIP Manager and https://vip.symantec.com. Existing VIP Access installs that are working properly on Mojave do not need to be upgraded. 

Thanks for your patience. 

• 20.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Nov 12, 2018 03:56 PM

This version seems to work on macOS 10.14.1.  Thank you.

It looks like the macOS version with Proximity is no longer a thing?  Can't find any new info about it and it's no longer showing up for download...

• 21.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 05:18 PM

Hi Scott - that is correct. Proximity was removed from the latest build. 

• 22.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Nov 19, 2018 11:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hello, I was able to successfully download the new version - however - it's asking to access my keychain.  Prior versions never did this (at least not for me).  It's asking for the VIP.  VIP Access wants to use your confidental information stored in "CredentialStore" in your keychain.  To allow this, enter the "VIPAccess" keychain password.

When I open keychain - there is no VIPAccess keychain file.  I have tried my systems password which doesn't work.  Shouldn't the install have created this during the install process?  Can someone help?  Thanks

• 23.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 06:28 PM

Neal - the keychain may have been broken during the update. Try uninstalling the VIP Access app, then reinstalling to establish renewed trust. You should not be prompted for the keychain password.

• 24.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Nov 20, 2018 08:35 PM

Thanks for the reply - however - it still does not work.  I uninstalled - reinstalled - yet I am still presented the same window - asking me to enter the password for VIPAccess. But again - when I open my keychain - there is nothing listed for VIP.  I'd really apprecaite if we can figure this out.  I haven't been able to access the desired website for over a month.  The old version of VIP worked fine - never an issue - until I installed Mojave (which I wish now I had never installed).

• 25.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Nov 20, 2018 09:01 PM

I am experiencing the same issue as Neal Springer, can't find anything symantec in keychain. Hope there is a fix for this soon.

• 26.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2018 09:12 PM

I got it - follow this link at the bottom of this post - then - scroll down to the section where it discusses keychain fix.  Come to find out - I had a keychain out in this folder I had no idea was there - back from 2016 when I first installed VIP.  The set of steps of this is what worked for me.  Follow exactly - espeically step 2.  I was not able to navigate and see this folder - but typing exactly what is shown in step 2 - displayed two keychains for VIP.  I deleted two keychains - the one from 2016 and the one from a few days ago when I started trying to install this.  My guess is the two keychains installed in this folder conflict with each other.  It would seem to me this install process could have checked and removed any keychain files it didn't need.  But hey - this worked for me.

1. Uninstall VIP Access
    2. Open Applications folder -> Open the Utilities folder -> Open KeyChain Access
    3. Click on VIP Access -> Click on File -> Click on Delete Key Chain VIP Access
    4. Re-install VIP Access -> this will provision a new VIP credential.

On version 1.0.4 of VIP Access the procedure has changed:

1) Uninstall VIP Access. 
    2) From the Finder menu click on Go Go to Folder and enter ~/Library/Keychains/
    3) Delete VIPAccess.keychain-db
    4) Remove any related files from Trash.
    5) Make sure ALL browsers on the system are quit before running the installer or uninstaller.
    6) Re-install VIP Access.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH237829.html

• 27.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Dec 05, 2018 11:40 AM

I too am being asked for a VIP Keychain password when I try to access VIP Access on my Mac. However, when I follow the instructions above and look for a VIP Access password in Keychain Access, no keychain exists. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple yesterday and they even reset all of my keychain passwords to a default - yet the application still asks me for a password and does not accept the default. If I search for VIP Access in keychain - nothing populates. This is maddening. Apple thinks VIP Access has a bug and is wrongfully triggering for a password when one doesn't exist. I have downloaded the latest version and am using the same machine I've been using since downloading VIP Access. Any ideas appreciated. 

• 28.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Dec 06, 2018 09:12 PM

Same thing, I followed:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH237829.html

1. Uninstall VIP Access
    2. Open Applications folder -> Open the Utilities folder -> Open KeyChain Access

1) Uninstall VIP Access. 
    5) Make sure ALL browsers on the system are quit before running the installer or uninstaller.

On any of the 2 options I followed step by step, and I dont have VIPAccess.keychain-db file.

Any idea?!?!

• 29.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Posted Dec 06, 2018 09:15 PM

I followed both options:

1. Uninstall VIP Access

1) Uninstall VIP Access. 

However the keychain does not exist, I carefuly followed the steps and the keychain its not there, how can I fix this? any ideas?

• 30.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 09:53 AM

VIP Access Desktop for Mac 1.0.7 has released. This resolves any issues with upgrading from 1.0.4, and allows upgrade from 1.0.5 and 1.0.6. 

Phew! That you ALL for your patience.

• 31.  RE: VIP token for MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 10:02 PM

VIP Access Desktop for Mac 1.0.7 has released. This resolves any issues with upgrading from 1.0.4, and allows upgrade from 1.0.5 and 1.0.6. 

Phew! That you ALL for your patience.