Desktop Email Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Win8 w/outlook 2007 cannot sign or encrypt this message, get new digital id

Posted Oct 01, 2013 02:37 PM

I am running the trialware of Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.0 MP3 (Build 9307). I have a gmail account configured in outlook 2007. I have modified server settings on the Encryption Desktop side for pop3/587 Internet Mail to get around an earlier SSL/TLS message. When I try to create a message with a file attachment, I can click the sign and encrypt buttons in outlook but receive this message: Invalid Certificate. Microsoft Outlook canot sign or encrypt this message because you have no certificates which can be used to send from the email address xxxx@gmail.com. You can either do the following: Get a new digital id, or on the tools menu click trust center, email security, then get a digital id. I can decrypt messages just fine. My keychain looks intact. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Win8 w/outlook 2007 cannot sign or encrypt this message, get new digital id

Posted Oct 02, 2013 06:16 AM
    Looking at the error message you are receiving, this is a message generated by Outlook itself. So at this moment it seems that Outlook is trying to secure your e-mail and not the Encryption Desktop application. Are you clicking the yellow envelope icons with a small blue lock, or a red / yellow ribbon on the left top in side Outlook? Or are you using the blue icons of the Encryption Desktop itself?

• 3.  RE: Win8 w/outlook 2007 cannot sign or encrypt this message, get new digital id

Posted Oct 03, 2013 12:33 PM

If you mean am I using the PGP Add-in within outlook, then yes. I Sign and encrypt the message, but it resfuse to send. My client is using opendns.org for DNS resolution, but that shouldn't make a difference. The default messaging policy is created and I don't believe I have to import and certificates into the client correct?

• 4.  RE: Win8 w/outlook 2007 cannot sign or encrypt this message, get new digital id

Posted Oct 13, 2013 04:32 AM

Signed up just to say that I'm experiencing the same issue. Any update to this?

• 5.  RE: Win8 w/outlook 2007 cannot sign or encrypt this message, get new digital id

Posted Oct 22, 2013 11:37 AM

I agree it looks like PGP Desktop isnt even intercepting the email - Outlook is trying to encrypt it.

Can you try and encrypt an email by putting in [PGP] in the subject as a test?  If that works, try removing and re-adding the outlook addin, or checking if its enabled.

Make sure that is set as a valid encryption policy by going into PGP Messaging, Edit Policies.

• 6.  RE: Win8 w/outlook 2007 cannot sign or encrypt this message, get new digital id

Posted Oct 25, 2013 02:57 PM

Hi Jasharka,

Make sure your Outlook settings are correct and the SSL is turn off.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42108