SWS 7.5 needs support for authentication in the Email Notification Settings
To be able to receive notifications that the SWS server is up/down, license consumption, etc., the email notification settings must be configured.
To configure these settings, an administrator will need to:
- Open the management console
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on the Email Notifications link
The following fields are available:
- Mail Host
- Mail Port
- Subject line (Server Down)
- Subject line (Server Up)
Once properly filled, the vaules are written to "C:\Symantec\Workspace Streaming\Server\console\conf\config.properties".
Not all customer use an in-house email server or perhaps require authentication to relay messages through the SMTP server.
In the Symantec Workspace Streaming server management console, there is no support for authenticating an account to send email notifications.
Add the support for the email notification engine and update the fields on the Email Notification Setting page. The page should include the following fields:
- SMTP Server - Exists
- SMTP Server Port - Exists
- Use SSL - DOES NOT EXIST - Should be a checkbox
- Authenticate - DOES NOT EXIST - Should be a checkbox
- User Name - DOES NOT EXIST - Should be a free-form text field only enabled if the "Authenticate" checkbox is checked.
- User Password - DOES NOT EXIST - Should be a free-form text field only enabled if the "Authenticate" checkbox is checked.
- Sender - Exists
- Recipients - Exists
- Subject line (Server Down) - Exists
- Subject line (Server Up) - Exists
Currently, according to the User Guide:
Note: Mail Notification agent does not support client authentication. Hence notification mail cannot be sent if your enterprise requires client authentication.