New Employee Benefits
Welcome to Symantec...
You probably have quite a few questions -- What benefits are available and how do I get enrolled? U.S. Symantec new hires actively working at least twenty (20) hours per week are eligible to participate in Symantec's U.S. Benefit Programs starting from their first day of employment. Be sure to make your elections within 31 days of your hire date.
Explore and Compare Your 2019 Benefits OptionsMulti-Media Tools
Check Your Dependents' Eligibility
Submit Your Choices Online - within 31 days of your hire date
Other Benefit Tasks
Get a sample of other benefits you'll receive as a Symantec employee:
(There is more information on HR Online, accessible through the Symantec network.)
What Happens if I Don't Enroll?
As a new employee, you must enroll in Symantec Benefits to ensure you receive the coverage that's right for you and your family. If you do not enroll within 31 days of your hire date, you will automatically receive, and pay any associated cost for, the following:
- Medical coverage under the Anthem Health Savings Account (HSA) Plan ;at the "Employee Only" coverage level
- Dental coverage under the Delta Dental 1.0 Plan at the "Employee Only" coverage level
- Vision coverage under the VSP 1.0 Plan at the "Employee Only" coverage level
- Long Term Disability 60% coverage
- Life Insurance 2 times salary or On Target Earnings (OTE) for commissioned employees
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment 2 times salary or On Target Earnings (OTE) for commissioned employees
This default coverage applies to you only. To cover your dependents, you must actively enroll these individuals in your Symantec Benefits.
This site provides an overview of the Symantec U.S. Benefits Program and is not intended to be a complete description of these benefits. If there is any conflict between this site and the official plan documents, the plan documents will govern. All benefits are fully described in legal plan documents and insurance contracts on file in Symantec's Human Resources Department.