As a current employee, if you don't participate in the Annual Open Enrollment Event (occurs in the fall), you will automatically continue with your current elections, with the exception of Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA). If you wish to continue with an FSA, you must take part in Open Enrollment.
As a new employee, you must enroll in Symantec Benefits to ensure you receive the coverage that's right for you and your family. If you do not enroll within 31 days of your hire date, you will automatically receive, and pay any associated cost for, the following:
- Medical coverage under the Anthem Health Saving Account (HSA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Plan at the "Employee Only" coverage
- Dental coverage under the Delta Dental 1.0 Plan at the "Employee Only" coverage level
- Vision coverage under the VSP 1.0 Plan at the "Employee Only" coverage level
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Life Insurance equal to two times annual rate of On Target Earnings (OTE)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance equal to two times annual rate of On Target Earnings (OTE)
This default coverage applies to you only. To cover your dependents, you must actively enroll them in your Symantec Benefits.