United Nations Global Compact
On March 3, 2006, Symantec announced our commitment
to support the ten principles of the (UNGC). Symantec encourages all companies to adopt the UNGC’s ten principles to protect human rights, uphold ethical labor conditions, preserve the environment, and combat corruption.
In the years since we became a member, we have worked diligently to strengthen our own performance and share best practices and thought leadership with others. We are a participant in the Global Compact initiative, a platform for corporate sustainability leadership that was launched by the UNGC in January 2011. As part of this commitment, we have pledged to implement the Blueprint for Corporate Sustainability Leadership and to share our experience with other companies through UNGC Local Networks and other initiatives.
Through active participation in the UNGC US Network, biannual meetings, UNGC working groups, and through external promotion of the initiative, Symantec encourages members to partner for greater effect.
- : Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- : make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- : Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- : the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- : the effective abolition of child labour; and
- : the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- : Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- : undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- : encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- : Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.