Review this section for current information on testing policies for Symantec Accreditation, Authorization, and Certification exams (“Exam” or “Exams”). All candidates are bound by these testing policies. Refer to the Symantec Partner Program Agreement and Symantec Corporation Confidentiality Agreement to review requirements for program participation and the Logo/Trademark License Agreement with instructions on how to obtain and use logos associated with it.
All content, specifically questions, answers and diagrams where applicable of the exams are the exclusive and confidential property of Symantec Corporation and are protected by Symantec Corporation's intellectual property rights. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the express authorization of Symantec Corporation. Candidates who sit for Symantec exams must agree they have read and will abide by the terms and conditions of the Symantec Corporation Confidentiality Agreement before beginning each exam. The agreement applies to all exams. Signing and adhering to this agreement is required to be officially credentialed and to maintain a valid credential. Penalties for violating the policy can include up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams and the nullification of all previous credentials.
Candidates must take no action to compromise the integrity or confidentiality of any Symantec exam. Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to any of the following:
- Using any unauthorized preparation materials. The only authorized preparation materials for a Symantec Exam are those made available by Symantec or an authorized Symantec partner.
- Utilizing an unauthorized copy of the Exam, e.g., from a non-Symantec website.
- Reproducing Exam Materials by any means, including reconstruction through memorization.
- Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis.
- Requesting access to Exam questions or other protected Exam Materials in forums, chat rooms or discussion groups, blogs, file sharing sites, or social networking sites.
- Altering Exam scores, score reports or certificates in any manner so as to misrepresent the certification status.
- Giving or receiving unauthorized assistance during an examination.
- Using Symantec Support Services for assistance with Exam questions or to obtain Exam questions and answers.
- Hiding pertinent information regarding a violation of these rules, either intentionally or carelessly.
- Causing a disturbance in a testing facility.
- Violating the Exam retake policy.
- Using the exam or Exam Materials in any way that would violate applicable law.
- Violating the Symantec Corporation Confidentiality Agreement in any way.
- Violating the Symantec Exam delivery partner’s examination agreement in any way.
Please report suspicious activity to the Testing Center and the Symantec Certification Team. Symantec may use exam statistics to identify anomalies in the exam results. If Symantec determines that any misconduct has occurred, Symantec reserves the right to determine if an award will be granted. Penalties for violating any policy can include up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams and the nullification of all previously awarded credentials.
Symantec Privacy Notice
Symantec undertakes to collect and process personal data according to applicable laws. The collected information, which includes the fields in this form, is necessary for the purpose of registering you for the Symantec Accreditation, Certification, or Authorization program, and further to register you for the subscription, awards, program or incentive for which you are submitting your information (the 'registration'). Your contact information may also be used to deliver related marketing messages from Symantec and/or its channel partners. The personal information that you provide to us will be transferred to the Symantec group of companies and its authorized Partners in different parts of the world, including the U.S., that may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you are situated (including the European Union). Symantec has taken steps so that the collected information, if transferred, receives an adequate level of protection. If you do not agree to your personal data being processed within the Symantec group or its authorized Partners, we may not be able to complete your request. Any emails we send you will contain unsubscribe information, and you may opt-out of future emails at any time.
Your personal information will be stored by Symantec and kept in accordance with Symantec's Privacy Notice. You can alter your email notification preferences at https://www-secure.symantec.com/custserv/cs_register.html. Symantec is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
Other Symantec Exam Policies: Proctored Exams
Appropriate security of exam content is an essential aspect for upholding a reputable program. There are standard best practices for maintaining an exam, including the protection of all exam content. Symantec does not provide exam questions in any format other than in a proctored test environment through approved Pearson VUE testing centers, or through sample questions located on Symantec's website.
- If a candidate fails an exam s/he must wait 72 hours prior to taking the same exam again.
- Symantec strongly recommends attending training courses and having at least 6 months on-the-job experience with Symantec product(s), review of product documentation and study prior to taking exam(s). Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of an exam.
- Symantec may change the requirements and designations at any time.
- Symantec may use exam statistics to identify anomalies in the exam results and candidate exam response time is subject to being measured and recorded. Symantec reserves the right to validate exam results and timing to complete an exam.
- Candidates must adhere to Symantec logo usage guidelines.
- Upon your successful completion of the initial requirements, Symantec authorizes you to use the associated program designations.
- Upon your successful completion of the initial requirements, Symantec authorizes you to display the Symantec certificate(s) provided to you. You shall not copy, modify or alter the certificates provided to you.
- You shall not market your own services in any way that implies that such services are associated with or provided in any way by or on the behalf of Symantec, or that you are employed by, affiliated with, or sponsored by Symantec, except to state that you have completed the requirements for your particular designation(s).
- Symantec retains all right, title and interest in the Symantec program(s), the associated Symantec designation(s) and related exams and results.
- Symantec shall have no liability to you or to any of your clients or customers for your use of Symantec program designations and Symantec logos, or the performance, promotion, sale or distribution of your services as a Symantec credentialed Individual.
- Any exam results shall be owned exclusively by Symantec Corporation and Symantec Corporation shall have the right to freely use any such information or data.
Score Reports and Exam Security Violations
If Symantec determines that any misconduct has occurred, Symantec reserves the right to determine if an award will be granted, invalidated, or revoked. Penalties for violating any policy can include up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams and the nullification of all previous certifications.
Note Regarding Score:
Certification examination scores are “provisional” to all candidates who meet the exam cut score until the results have been validated. Candidate exam results identified with exam security violations or which otherwise violate Symantec’s testing policies will receive “invalidated” examination results. Validation of Certification examination results and posting to CertTracker normally takes 2-3 business days. As soon as your certification exam score posts to CertTracker, you will receive an automated message via email; if you are new to CertTracker you will receive an account activation notice as well.
Symantec reserves the right to ban offenders in its sole discretion based on the severity of the offense. Appeal Process for Exam Candidates:
- If a candidate believes he or she has been banned incorrectly, that candidate may appeal the ban by submitting an email to email@example.com detailing the reasons why the candidate feels a ban was inappropriate.
- The Symantec Certification Security Team will review all such submitted requests and conduct an investigation of the events surrounding each case and will communicate directly with the candidate regarding the conclusion of the investigation and final appeal decision.
- If Symantec determines there has been a violation of its testing policies or Confidentiality Agreement, upon candidate’s request, Symantec will offer the candidate a retest via an oral exam with a subject matter expert at Symantec’s location of choice, and offer the candidate the opportunity to arbitrate.
Register now to become Symantec Certified. Click here to view the step-by-step registration instructions.