Symantec Cloud Security Shadow Data Report
Research findings on the state of cloud security for SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.
- Use of Shadow IT
- Trends in data exposure and loss
- Threats to cloud accounts
Discover and Control Use of Shadow IT
Shadow IT introduces hidden risks and costs. Typical large enterprises have hundreds or even thousands of cloud apps in use – most of which are shadow services adopted and used with zero IT security oversight. Employees or entire departments may be using cloud services that are expensive, redundant, too risky for business use, or do not meet compliance requirements.
CloudSOC Audit discovers Shadow IT in use and provides risk analysis with intelligence on thousands of cloud services. With Audit you can monitor cloud app usage through intuitive dashboards and easily generate Shadow IT risk assessments on demand – a key requirement for most compliance regulations.
- Extensive cloud app intelligence
- Greater visibility over Shadow IT
- Shadow IT with Secure Web Gateway
Leverage Cloud App Intelligence for Decision Making
CloudSOC Audit tracks more than 90 different platform risk attributes and compiles Business Readiness Ratings for thousands of cloud apps. With this intelligence it is easy to evaluate cloud apps in use and compare similar cloud services to identify and standardize on the best one for your business.
- Identify thousands of different cloud apps
- Evaluate risk level of individual apps
- Compare similar apps based on risk attributes
- Make decisions based on Business Readiness Ratings
Stay Compliant with Automated Monitoring and Reports
Make sure your organization uses cloud apps that allow you to stay compliant with privacy regulations. Stay current through an intuitive UI, automated monitoring, powerful visualizations, and automated reports. Monitor cloud app usage based on logs from firewalls, web proxies, and SIEM systems. Get unique visibility over app use by remote end users through integration with Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Powerful and intuitive user interface
- Fast discovery via automated log data collection
- Unique visibility over remote endpoints
- Automated control with Secure Web Gateway integration
Control Shadow IT with Audit + ProxySG
Don’t just monitor Shadow IT, control it. Get automated, adaptive and granular policy control over the use of cloud apps in the enterprise with Audit integration in Symantec Secure Web Gateways (SWG).
- Control app use with SWG + dynamic Audit intelligence
- Set policies based on application risk attributes or ratings
- Automatically enable Audit visibility with SWGs
Uncover Shadow IT Risk
Get a Shadow IT cloud app risk report card for your organization. Quickly identify all SaaS apps used across the company, apps that pose a medium or high risk, and top 5 riskiest apps, users and location of these apps in an easy to share report. A company audit score gives you a top-level view of your organization’s risk profile.
- Automated summary report on Shadow IT risk
- Quickly review current cloud app risk levels
- Free Shadow IT Risk Assessment available