- Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit; RTM and SP1)
- Windows Embedded 7 Standard, POSReady, and Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), including Windows To Go
- Windows 8.1 update for April 2014 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 update for August 2014 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro, Industry Pro, and Industry Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 November Update (2015) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (2016) (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit, 64-bit; R2, SP1, and SP2)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Windows Essential Business Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2 update for April 2014
- Windows Server 2012 R2 update for August 2014
- Windows Server 2016
AV-Test awards Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud with Best Protection 2017
Symantec is positioned by Gartner as the highest in execution and furthest in vision in the Endpoint Protection Platforms Magic Quadrant
The EPP MQ 2018 report has many new recommendations for required and desirable capabilities in an EPP solution in response to changing market dynamics and customer requirements. Does your EPP solution have the right protections?
Protecting 175 Million Endpoints Across the Globe
Only Symantec can secure your endpoints via one single agent to:
- Beat crippling ransomware and unknown attacks with multilayered protection that combines signatureless and critical endpoint technologies.
- Maximize protection and minimize false positives with advanced machine learning and behavioral analysis.
- Block zero-day attacks that prey on memory-based vulnerabilities in popular applications with memory exploit mitigation.
- Fine-tune your detection engines on the fly to optimize your security posture.
Phish the Phishers with Deception
Entice attackers with bait to reveal their methods – without them knowing they're being watched.
- Detect attackers by luring them into a decoy minefield.
- Reveal their intent, tactics, and targets—so security teams can pre-emptively adapt their security posture.
- Set the trap as simply as flipping a switch.
Cage Your Vulnerabilities. Unleash Your Applications.
Hardening bulletproofs applications, or any software. Now, you can implement any productivity tools and browsers without risk.
- Auto-classify risk levels of all endpoint applications, whether or not they're in use.
- Use application isolation to limit exploits.
- Implement hardening in minutes with an intuitive cloud console.
Attack Your Stack to Kill Complexity
Reduce the complexity and number of vendors in your security stack.
- Detect and respond to threats anywhere by integrating SEP with network security infrastructure.
- Built-in integration delivers prevention, Detection and Response (EDR), Deception, and Hardening with one single agent.
- Use open APIs to coordinate with existing IT infrastructure for automation and orchestration.
Stronger, Faster, Lighter
More layers of protection and unrivaled performance, all from one lightweight agent.
- Reduces bandwidth usage and definition file sizes by 70 percent compared to SEP 12.
- Enables faster scanning times using our proprietary real-time cloud lookup.
- Reduces IT resource use via automated updates to lower costs.
SEP 14 Out-Performs the Competition
16 Years Running, a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant*
Symantec Receives the 2017 Frost & Sullivan's Endpoint Security Vendor of the Year Award
Symantec Endpoint Protection wins AV-TEST Award for Best Protection 2016
Symantec named a market leader in Next-Generation Endpoint Security
Customers Validate Symantec Endpoint Protection Effectiveness
"SEP 14 is helping to protect us in new and interesting ways, I especially like the application of machine learning, it's constantly adapting to our environment."
Williams Martini Racing
"Consolidating the State of Oklahoma's spending on IT security solutions and standardizing on Symantec Endpoint Protection will save taxpayers a projected US$2.3 million over five years."
State of Oklahoma
Connect Forum Discussions
15 Years Running, a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant
Attackers are leaving no stone unturned, prying into web applications, operating systems and even hardware. Read this whitepaper from SANS Institute to find out more about Symantec’s layered security solution.
Malware authors continue to target unsuspecting Mac users in order to gain access to an organization's data. See what advice a senior strategic analyst at ESG has to share when it comes to protecting these devices.
It's not enough to just keep the bad stuff out or just keep the good stuff in. Organizations must employ a combination of approaches to build a comprehensive threat protection program to mitigate data breaches.
Learn how staying current on Endpoint Protection maximizes value and minimizes exposure to new threats.
A transparent look into how Symantec keeps our endpoints safe. We describe the challenges we faced, the solutions we tested, and the best practices we fine-tuned over the past decade.
Find out how integrating Symantec Endpoint Protection and Secure Web Gateway leads to better protection.
Client Workstation and Server System Requirements*
- Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12, 10.13
- Amazon Linux
- CentOS 6U3, 6U4, 6U5, 6U6, 7, 7U1, 7U2, 7U3; 32-bit and 64-bit
- Debian 6.0.5 Squeeze, Debian 8 Jessie; 32-bit and 64-bit
- Fedora 16, 17; 32-bit and 64-bit
- Oracle Linux (OEL) 6U2, 6U4, 6U5, 7, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (RHEL) 6U2 - 6U8, 7 - 7.3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP1 - 11 SP3; 32-bit and 64-bit; 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 11 SP1 - 11 SP3; 32-bit and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 16.04; 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Azure
- Amazon WorkSpaces
- VMware WS 5.0, GSX 3.2, ESX 2.5 or later
- VMWare ESXi 4.1 - 5.5
- VMware ESX 6.0
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 1
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3
- VMware ESXi 6.5
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005
- Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Citrix XenServer 5.6 or later
- Virtual Box by Oracle
- 1.9 GHz CPU or higher
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
- 1.5 GB of free space on the hard disk
- 64 - Bit Intel Core 2 Duo or later
- 2 GB of RAM
- 500 MB of free space on the hard disk
- Intel Pentium 4 (2 GHz CPU or higher)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 7 GB of free space on the hard disk
Manager System Requirements
- Windows Server 2008 (64 bit), including R2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core or equivalent minimum; 8-core or greater recommended
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 40 GB or more free space on the hard drive
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox 5.x through 55.x
- Google Chrome 61.x
- Microsoft Edge
Embedded database included or choose from the following:
- SQL Server 2008, SP4
- SQL Server 2008 R2, SP3
- SQL Server 2012, RTM – SP3
- SQL Server 2014, RTM – SP2
- SQL Server 2016, RTM, SP1
- Windows 7 (64-bit; RTM and SP1)
- Windows Embedded 7 Standard, POSReady, and Enterprise (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit), including Windows To Go
- Windows 8.1 update for April 2014 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 update for August 2014 (64-bit)
- Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro, Industry Pro, and Industry Enterprise (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 November Update (2015) (64-bit)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (2016) (64-bit)
- Windows 10 Creators Update (2017) (64-bit)