2017 Healthcare IT Security and Risk Management Study: Operationalizing Cybersecurity in Healthcare
Learn more about how hospital executives, IT professionals, and clinical leadership are addressing cyber security in the "Healthcare IT Security and Risk Management Study" conducted by HIMSS Analytics.
Protect Healthcare Systems and Data From Advanced Attacks
- Uncover, prioritize, and remediate advanced threats across endpoints, networks, and email, all from a single console, with Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
- Achieve unrivaled protection for endpoints and virtual desktops to block all known and unknown threats with Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Protect against email-based attacks including spam, spear phishing, and advanced malware with hosted Symantec Email Security.cloud or with on-premise Symantec Messaging Gateway
- Stop today’s most complex web-based attacks with our hosted Symantec Web Security.cloud service
Safeguard Patient Records and Sensitive Information Everywhere
Manage and protect, on-premise or in the cloud
- Monitor and protect confidential information wherever it is stored and however it is used with industry-leading Symantec Data Loss Prevention and Symantec Encryption solutions
- Ensure that only authorized users can securely access clinical and IT systems with our Symantec VIP service; benefit from strong multi-factor and risk-based tokenless authentication
- Transition to cloud with confidence – securely adopt SaaS applications, such as Office 365 or Gmail, using our hosted Symantec Data Loss Prevention Cloud Service for Email
Protect Sensitive Data Against Mobile Cyber Attacks
Secure managed and unmanaged mobile devices
Add mobile security to the following use cases:
- Shared clinical mobile devices - Secure general purpose mobile devices that do not have a one-to-one user relationship.
- Secure mobile access - Provide easy and secure access to clinical systems, EMR, patient data and other resources.
- Support for securing unmanaged devices, BYOD and professionals who access records in multiple organizations.
- Regulatory compliance - Meet compliance regulations through secure access, automated reporting, remote device wipe and risk-based enforcement.
Achieve Effective Risk Management and Compliance
Comply with HIPAA, HITECH, DEA, and other regulations
- Perform rapid and comprehensive risk assessments around HIPAA and HITECH compliance for your internal IT and clinical environments, as well as for external business associates using our Symantec Control Compliance Suite and Symantec Data Loss Prevention offerings
- Evolve from ad-hoc risk assessments to a continuous risk management program including strong remediation actions
- Adhere to Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) regulations based on Symantec offerings
Monitor Security Across Your Network 24x7
Get real-time security monitoring and threat intelligence services
- Augment your internal security team with Symantec Managed Security Services and our security education and simulation services
- Stay ahead of evolving threats and get actionable insights with DeepSight Adversary and Technical Intelligence services
- Rapidly respond to security breaches and other incidents with support from our Incident Response experts
Extend Security To the Medical Device Ecosystem
Address the complexities of medical device security
- Manage and track your medical devices and dedicated IT systems with workflows built on Endpoint Management offerings
- Automate medical device risk management with a standards-based framework
- Improve device security posture with Symantec Critical System Protection
This HIMSS Analytics whitepaper discusses why healthcare organizations must shift from a tactical and reactive mindset to a robust and sustainable risk-management program to protect their patients and data from today's current cyber threats.
Symantec offers a broad portfolio of security solutions that allow healthcare organizations to protect their patients’ data and intellectual information against existing and emerging cyber threats.
Follow us on social media