Renewing your maintenance on time ensures you have continued access to:
- Critical security content updates from the world’s leading Cyber Intelligence Network
- Important product updates as soon as we release them
- Software version upgrades delivering cutting edge innovation at no extra cost
- 24/7 access to Symantec technical support services
How to Renew
When it’s time to renew, follow these three simple steps:
- Identify the maintenance entitlements requiring renewal per your License or Support Certificate(s). Multiple individual end-dates may be aligned (“co-termed”) to a single renewal date.
- Have your proof of purchase details ready in order to validate ownership. Your Renewal ID is your proof of purchase (you’ll find your Renewal ID on Symantec renewal notification emails and renewal quotations).
- Contact your reseller to place your order. Find a Reseller.
For more information, consult our Renewals FAQ.
Note: Effective 9th May 2016, Symantec is discontinuing its 30 day grace period (Japan, 3rd October 2016). Symantec is taking this step to align its renewal policy with its security strategy. From this date, you must renew prior to expiry date to remain protected and avoid higher renewal costs and penalties.
Late renewals are subject to penalty and associated late renewal fees.
Symantec takes non-compliance seriously. You must be properly licensed with current maintenance per your End User License Agreement in order to access maintenance benefits. Read Symantec’s Enterprise Renewals Policy for more information on your compliance obligations.