FY20 Knights Program Requirements
The Symantec Knights program is a nomination-based program open to all technical professionals within the Symantec partner community. Symantec SEs may nominate partners in technical roles, such as, sales engineers, solution architects, service delivery engineers, and technical support engineers. Nominated candidates must meet the qualifications below and be approved by the Knights program leadership. Meeting the below requirements alone does not ensure Knight membership.
Candidates must be:
- Making a significant positive impact to the Symantec business without substantial dependence on Symantec SE & support teams.
- Skilled, successful promoters of Symantec technology as demonstrated by completing at least three (3) of the following activities in any combination over the last six (6) months (again without any dependency on the Symantec SE organization):
- Deliver a successful customer proof-of-concept (POC)
- Deliver a successful service engagement (installation & configuration, managed service, etc.)
- Deliver a one plus (1+) day technical workshop on an advanced topic for Symantec customers or other Symantec partners
- Resolve a complex technical troubleshooting issue for a customer
- Equivalent activity similar to the above with the approval of the local Knights leader
- Employed by a Symantec partner in a technical capacity. If the candidate is employed by a Symantec Registered or Silver partner, it is recommended that a detailed description of the candidate’s business impact be submitted with the nomination.
- Successful in EACH of the following requirements:
- One (1) or more Symantec product certifications (SCS) that are compliant with the 24-month policy as explained in the “Secure One Certification Overview” document posted on PartnerNET
- One (1) or more Symantec product accreditations (SSE+) achieved or refreshed in the past 24 months
- Complete the Integrated Cyber Defense SSE course on Partner University
- Complete the Integrated Cyber Defense Exchange SSE+ course on Partner University
- Note: The Symantec Certified Master designation is encouraged, but not required, to be nominated for the Symantec Knights program
- Regularly sharing expertise with the broader partner community as evidenced by completing three (3) of the following activities over the previous six (6) months:
- Presenting Symantec technology value propositions at industry events or conferences
- Developing advanced technical resources such as technical white papers, how-to videos & workshops, reference architectures, best practice guides, etc. (customer presentations and demos do not fulfill this requirement)
- Contributing to Symantec partner community resources such as Symantec Connect forums, the Partner Cloud Lab (creating vApps for the partner catalog, Partner Enablement Resource Kits - PERKs, POC kits, etc.), or presenting at Knights Conferences or other Symantec events
- Equivalent activity approved by the local Knights leader
- Links to the above resources are required so they can be reviewed during the nomination and review process
- This requirement establishes both the ability of the candidate to develop advanced technical content as well as a willingness to share this content to improve the Symantec wider partner community. While we encourage partners to share their skills and experience, we ultimately look to the partner candidate to determine what content can and cannot be shared per the intellectual property policies of their company.
- An active, regular participant in Symantec partner/customer events and trainings.
- Once a candidate joins the Symantec Knights program, s/he is expected to attend the annual Symantec Knights conference and join regularly scheduled Knights training events.