Number of Questions: 90-100
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 74%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Which two text files record a successful run of installvcs -installonly? (Select two.)
- a. installation log
- b. engine log
- c. configuration file
- d. response file
- e. trace log
2. Which two communication configuration files need to be modified on the existing nodes if a new node is added to the cluster? (Select two.)
- a. /etc/gabtab
- b. /etc/llttab
- c. /etc/gabhosts
- d. /etc/llthosts
- e. /etc/hosts
3. A parallel service group named websg is online on sym1, sym2, and sym3 in a three-node cluster. The service group contains a critical NIC resource and a non-critical Phantom resource.
If the network device specified in the NIC attribute fails on sym1, what is the resulting state for the websg service group?
- a. faulted on sym1, online on sym2 and sym3
- b. faulted on sym1, sym2, and sym3
- c. offline on sym1, online on sym2 and sym3
- d. partially online on sym1, online on sym2 and sym3
4. Which two should be considered when manually taking a service group offline with service group dependencies? (Select two.)
- a. For all soft dependencies, the child group can go offline regardless of the state of the parent group.
- b. With firm dependencies, if the parent group is online, the child group offline is rejected.
- c. For the online local hard dependency, if the parent group is online, the child group online is rejected.
- d. The parent group offline is rejected only when the child group is online.
- e. For hard dependencies, if the parent group goes offline, the child is taken offline automatically.
5. A parent service group has up to ten child service groups that require a single-level service group dependency.
Given the above scenario, what is the maximum number of dependencies that can be configured for the parent service group?
6. What are two valid methods of notification from within Veritas Cluster Server? (Select two.)
- a. NACP
- b. SMTP
- c. SNMP
- d. NNTP
- e. PPTP
7. Which host component characteristic is unsupported for a Veritas Cluster Server node?
- a. a single host bus adapter
- b. a single Ethernet interface
- c. a single local disk
- d. a single CPU
8. At which two attribute levels can the TriggerPath attribute be set? (Select two.)
- a. cluster attribute
- b. system attribute
- c. service group attribute
- d. resource attribute
- e. resource type attribute
9. Which command should an administrator run to implement fencing within a running cluster?
- a. /opt/VRTSvxfen/install -fencing
- b. /opt/VRTS/install/installvcs -fencing
- c. /opt/VRTS/install/installfencing
- d. /opt/VRTSvxfen/installfencing
10. What are two considerations when running a virtual fire drill on a failover service group? (Select two.)
- a. The service group must be offline across the cluster.
- b. The service group must be online in the cluster.
- c. It checks all types of infrastructure components.
- d. It can check some types of infrastructure components.
- e. All resources have defined actions for virtual fire drills.
11. What is the purpose of the Quorum resource type in a fencing environment?
- a. It monitors the database of Coordination Point (CP) clients on the CP Server.
- b. It monitors the coordinator disk groups to see if all disks are online.
- c. It provides high availability for network connectivity on the CP Server.
- d. It can be used to implement third-party fencing solutions in Veritas clusters.
12. Which system attribute should be maintained in order to implement capacity and load management in a Veritas cluster where the system load is determined externally to Veritas Cluster Server?
- a. Load
- b. DynamicLoad
- c. Capacity
- d. AvailableCapacity
13. What occurs when an administrator runs the command hastop -all -force?
- a. LLT and GAB are brought offline on each cluster node.
- b. Applications are brought offline, and the cluster stops.
- c. HAD and hashadow processes are stopped on each cluster node.
- d. All applications are forcibly brought offline, but the cluster remains online.
14. What is the default service group type when creating a new service group to bring an application under Veritas Cluster Server control?
- a. Failover
- b. Hybrid
- c. Load Balancing
- d. Parallel
15. An application identified for clustering by the system administrator is hard-coded so that it must be installed in /usr/local/app.
What are two considerations for clustering the application? (Select two.)
- a. The application could be clustered by mounting a file system from the shared storage on /usr/local/app.
- b. The application is an inappropriate candidate to be clustered without creating a link to /opt/VRTSvcs.
- c. The application could be clustered by creating a new directory under the root directory.
- d. The application is an inappropriate candidate to be clustered without rewriting the source code.
- e. The application could be clustered by creating a soft link from /usr/local/app to a shared file system.
16. Which process must be running on the installation server to use the webinstaller for Veritas Cluster Server via a web browser?
- a. xprtld
- b. xprtlwid
- c. vxsvcd
- d. vxwebsvcd
17. Which file has coordinator disk group information while configuring I/O fencing?
- a. vxfentab
- b. vxfendg
- c. vxfenmode
- d. vxfencoorddg
18. Which two agents are classified as testing agents according to the Veritas Cluster Server Bundled Agents Reference Guide? (Select two.)
- a. ElifNone
- b. FileNone
- c. Phantom
- d. Volume
- e. Proxy
19. An administrator is verifying the prerequisites of an application to ensure it can be placed under Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) control.
Which two prerequisites must be met to accomplish this goal? (Select two.)
- a. The operating system automatically starts the application.
- b. The application is available to all nodes.
- c. The shutdown process should be graceful performing cleanup operations.
- d. The hardware administrative IP addresses are configured by VCS on all nodes.
- e. The shared storage is managed by Veritas Volume Manager.
20. In the event that all heartbeats are lost on all interfaces, what should be implemented to reduce the likelihood of a split brain condition?
- a. configure AutoRestart for LLT
- b. configure and enable postonline_ipc trigger
- c. enable SCSI 2 disk reservation
- d. configure membership arbitration
Answers: 1-a&d, 2-a&d, 3-a, 4-a&b, 5-c, 6-b&c, 7-b, 8-c&d, 9-b, 10-b&d, 11-c, 12-b, 13-c, 14-a, 15-a&e, 16-b, 17-b, 18-a&b, 19-b&c, 20-d
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org