# of Questions: 70-80
Exam Duration: 105 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 67%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. An administrator needs to restore a Microsoft SharePoint backup to an alternate SharePoint Server. The backup was performed on a different Symantec Backup Exec 2010 media server. The administrator has inventoried and cataloged the media and has set up the Microsoft SharePoint redirection options in the restore job. The redirected restore job fails.
What is a possible cause of this problem?
- a. The Microsoft SharePoint Server database option "allow to be overwritten by a restore" was not checked.
- b. The Agent for Microsoft SharePoint was not installed on the media server where the restore is running.
- c. The administrator neglected to select the "overwrite if file exists" option.
- d. The administrator neglected to select the "preserve tree" option.
2. Company management requires daily notification of all the jobs that ran the previous day and their completion status (such as failed, cancelled, and successful).
How can a Symantec Backup Exec 2010 administrator ensure management receives this report daily?
- a. create a report job and enable notification to include the job log
- b. create a notification job and include the report
- c. create a backup job and enable report notification
- d. create a backup job to back up the report and enable notification to include the job log
3. What is the trial period for Symantec Backup Exec 2010?
- a. 7 days
- b. 30 days
- c. 60 days
- d. 120 days
4. An administrator configures media set properties to support media rotation.
What happens when data is added to the media?
- a. The overwrite protection period stops.
- b. The append period restarts.
- c. The append period stops.
- d. The overwrite protection period restarts.
5. How can an administrator install the Backup Exec Database (BEDB) when installing Symantec Backup Exec 2010 on a Windows 2008 Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC)?
- a. locally, using Microsoft SQL Express
- b. remotely, using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- c. remotely, using MySQL
- d. locally, using Microsoft SQL 2005 in read-only mode
6. An administrator restored a user's Active Directory user account, which was deleted over a month ago, using the Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Active Directory Recovery Agent. The user can log in to the domain. However, when attempting to access the user's home directory, an Access Denied error is returned.
Which additional step does the administrator need to perform?
- a. change the user's security identifier (SID)
- b. add the user to the Administrators group in Active Directory Users and Computers
- c. add the user's restored account to the permissions on the user's home directory
- d. enable the user's Active Directory account
7. Which option must be selected to restore the Symantec Backup Exec database (BEDB) to the most recent working state?
- a. recover database from Backup Exec Utility with the option "drop existing database and reload from base"
- b. rebuild database from Backup Exec Utility with the option "drop existing database and reload from backup"
- c. restore database to Backup Exec data directory through Tools -> Options database maintenance
- d. recover database from Backup Exec Utility with the option "drop existing database and reload from backup"
8. An administrator has run a Move Media to Vault report, but no media is reported.
What should be done to ensure the report is current?
- a. inventory the devices and rerun the Move Media to Vault report
- b. run the Vault Wizard to update the media vault and rerun the Move Media to Vault report
- c. run the Return Media from Vault report and then rerun the Move Media to Vault report
- d. use the Media Set Wizard and then rerun the Move Media to Vault report
9. The Symantec Backup Exec 2010 administrator wants to maximize the amount of time that recoveries can be made from tapes that are recyclable.
Which media option should be configured to accomplish this?
- a. use overwrite scratch media first
- b. use overwrite recyclable media first
- c. set the overwrite protection period to Infinite
- d. set the overwrite protection period to Partial
10. An administrator installed Symantec Backup Exec 2010 (BE) without changing any default settings.
Where is the first place BE will look for overwritable media?
- a. imported media
- b. retired media
- c. recycled media
- d. scratch media
11. When does a media's overwrite protection period begin?
- a. at the time of the last write to the media
- b. when the media is allocated to the media set
- c. at the time of the first write to the media
- d. when the media is ejected from the drive
12. Which two report display formats are supported in Symantec Backup Exec 2010? (Select two.)
- a. .doc
- b. .pdf
- c. .txt
- d. .html
- e. .xls
13. Which type of backup is used for an online database and other files that are open and in use by other applications?
- a. snapshot
- b. flat
- c. active
- d. hot
14. How should an administrator ensure that all backup jobs are complete before their associated duplicate jobs run?
- a. use the availability window job property for the duplicate jobs
- b. make the job priority of duplicate jobs higher than that of the backup jobs
- c. create a policy using the Duplicate Backup Sets template
- d. modify the schedule of each duplicate job to run at a later time
15. When should an authoritative restore of the Active Directory be performed?
- a. when the domain administrator account has been deleted from the Active Directory
- b. when the Active Directory has been corrupted on one domain controller
- c. when the Active Directory has been corrupted on all domain controllers
- d. when the domain administrator's group has been deleted from Active Directory
16. An administrator needs to restore all files in a restore selection, but at the same time must not restore any file with a .tmp file extension. No existing restore list matches this selection criteria.
What is the quickest way to create the restore list?
- a. select all the desired folders from the View by Resource or View by Media tabs on the restore selections dialog panel, and then expand each folder and deselect the files with a .tmp extension
- b. use the catalog search button on the restore selection dialog panel to find all the .tmp extension files, and then deselect each of the found entries
- c. use the Include/Exclude button on the restore selection dialog panel to exclude all files with the .tmp extension
- d. create and run a new backup job that excludes all .tmp extension files, and then make the restore selections from the new backup
17. Which two pieces of information can be viewed with fully-cataloged media? (Select two.)
- a. restore time
- b. files to restore
- c. file location on media
- d. restore device
- e. file attributes
18. How should a backup set be duplicated?
- a. run a backup clone job
- b. run a job to duplicate backup sets
- c. select the multiple data stream under the media set
- d. target a drive pool for the same media set
19. When a customer is doing frequent or multiple restores from a particular set on tape, which action should be taken to improve the GRT restore performance?
- a. create a duplicate copy to another tape, and then restore from the duplicate
- b. restore from tape with the GRT option disabled
- c. create a separate restore job for each granular item being restored and restore from each separate backup
- d. create a duplicate copy of the set from tape to disk, and then restore from disk
20. When a user selects the Replicated Catalog option on the Central Administration Server (CAS), where do catalog files reside?
- a. on CAS only
- b. on Managed Media Server (MMS) only
- c. on CAS and Managed Media Server (MMS)
- d. on remote client
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-c, 4-d, 5-b, 6-c, 7-d, 8-b, 9-a, 10-d, 11-a, 12-b&d, 13-a, 14-c, 15-c, 16-c, 17-b&e, 18-b, 19-d, 20-c
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com