Protect Critical Business and Cloud Application Performance with a PacketShaper
Packet shaping, also known as network traffic QoS (Quality of Service), is a key element of managing and optimizing your network bandwidth and application performance. The Symantec PacketShaper is a network traffic shaping appliance that protects critical application performance and enables cloud adoption by ensuring superior user experience for important cloud applications such as Office 365 and Salesforce. Powered by the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, the PacketShaper can clearly identify cloud, business and mobile applications and application flows. Unique technologies such as TCP Rate Control and flexible QoS policies can effectively shape network traffic flows to ensure network resource alignment and optimized application performance.
Among network optimizers, the PacketShaper offers a unique set of capabilities that sets itself apart from the rest of the pack:
- Clearly identify all business and cloud applications, and application traffic
- Simple and easy-to-deploy QoS policies to manage network and application traffic
- Bandwidth guarantee and prioritization for critical applications
- Constrain disruptive traffic to minimize impact on critical applications
- Manage application performance with patented TCP Rate Control technology
The PacketShaper offers highly-scalable platforms for all your WAN and Internet performance optimization needs. With throughput capacity ranging from 10Mbps to 10Gbps, it offers the scalability and performance you need from a bandwidth shaper in today's demanding enterprise network environment.
In a world that is increasingly more interactive, mobile, and content-driven, the PacketShaper helps businesses deliver a superior user experience and control unnecessary bandwidth increases:
- 360° view of all network traffic, including all ports and protocols
- Auto-discovery and real-time classification of thousands of apps & millions of URLs into 84 categories
- Reserve and shape bandwidth for critical and real-time applications
- Contain disruptive and recreational traffic while reclaiming bandwidth from non-business usage
- Contain disruption and cost increase while embracing new trends such as BYOD, video and social media
- Real-time monitoring of network status and traffic flows with built-in dashboards
Manage WAN and Internet Link Efficiency, Ensure Superior User Experience
Deliver QoS and Improve User Experience for Backhaul Traffic
Backhauled WAN architectures extend all the performance problems with Internet video, cloud, and other applications over MPLS-based WAN. A mixture of business, personal, BYOD, and recreational traffic can create havoc for WAN performance and a network management nightmare for IT administrators. A network traffic shaper enables you to control the potential chaos.
With per-site bandwidth policies from a central location, the PacketShaper can protect the performance of critical applications and contain disruptive applications and users to minimize their impact on the network.
- Site-based QoS policies
- Auto classification of applications and traffic flows
- Real-time monitoring of usage and key troubleshooting stats
The quality of user experience in a WiFi or a VDI network can be degraded by the behavior of aggressive users and applications. Poor user experience leads to user complaints, increased support costs and potentially lower customer satisfaction.
The unique dynamic sub-partition feature of the PacketShaper helps to contain disruptive users and applications, and to improve user experience by ensuring fair and equal access for all.
- Dynamic sub-partition feature to ensure equal access and a fair share of WiFi or VDI bandwidth
- Ensure optimized user experience for all active users
- Limit bandwidth consumption by aggressive users or applications
Assure WiFi and VDI Performance
Monitor Network Integrity and Performance
With a full 360° view of the network, the PacketShaper monitors network traffic on all ports and protocols. The PacketShaper reports provide insights on application and user behaviors that can compromise network performance or integrity.
Two types of reports are available with the PacketShaper. The On-Box reporting feature delivers pre-configured reports for a quick overview of key traffic statistics to identify potential abuses or security gaps in the network. The NetX central reporting solution takes a unified approach to network optimization and application performance in distributed networks. Working together with the PacketShaper, NetX delivers unparalleled visibility into application and user behaviors--essential in managing and maintaining performance and integrity for the network.
- Complete insight into the behavior of applications and services using the network
- Identify disruptive applications and users, and potential security gaps
- Optimize your network to meet business and performance SLA requirements
Phishing and the Era of Abusing File Sharing Services
Posted: 16 Dec, 2019 | 6 Min Read
Endpoint Security protects against hard-to-find threats at every stage of the attack chain, blocking hackers from...
Posted: 18 Nov, 2019 | 9 Min Read
“The Blue Coat PacketShaper helps us to manage what would otherwise be untenable commercial risks in bandwidth fluctuation. We estimate that we saving at least £40,000 per year using PacketShaper.”