Sydney Adventist Hospital Ltd.
Asia Pacific, Japan | Healthcare | Enterprise
To scale data protection effectively, improve service to users, and secure its servers and client systems Sydney Adventist Hospital Ltd. turned to solutions from Symantec and Symantec Partners Insight Enterprises Australia Pty Ltd and Insentra Pty Ltd. Results include 99 percent or greater backup and recovery success rates, a 67 percent reduction in nightly backup time, and unlimited mailbox sizes for heavy email users while protecting computers from viruses and malware.
- Industry: Healthcare
- Headquarters: Sydney, Australia
- Number of employees: 2,900
- Server platforms: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2003, 2000; VMware vSphere
- Client platforms: Windows 7, Windows XP, VMware View
- Applications: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, MetaVision Clinical Information Man¬agement System, AGFA QPlanner Radiology Information System, AGFA IMPAX PACS, in-house developed applications
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Storage platform: EMC SAN; in-server storage for Exchange
- Tape library: Dell PowerVault ML6000