October 16, 2018
Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center is prone to a remote security vulnerability. The vulnerability can be exploited over the 'HTTP' protocol. The 'Networking (Jython)' component is affected. This vulnerability affects the following supported versions: 12.2.2, 12.3.3
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.6
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.6.1
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.6.2
- Oracle Configuration Manager 12.1.0
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Base Platform 18.104.22.168
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Base Platform 13.2
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Base Platform 13.3
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12.2.2
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12.3.3
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System 22.214.171.124
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System 188.8.131.52
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System 184.108.40.206
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.
Filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary if global access isn't needed. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of a successful exploit.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.
Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity including unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.
To limit the impact of latent vulnerabilities, configure servers and other applications to run as a nonadministrative user with minimal access rights.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
© 1995- Symantec Corporation
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from email@example.com.
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and firstname.lastname@example.org are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.