July 29, 2019
FasterXML Jackson-databind is prone to a remote-code execution vulnerability. Successfully exploiting this issue allows attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the affected application. Failed exploits will result in denial-of-service conditions. Versions prior to FasterXML jackson-databind 18.104.22.168 are vulnerable.
- FasterXML jackson-databind 22.214.171.124
- FasterXML jackson-databind 126.96.36.199
- FasterXML jackson-databind 188.8.131.52
- FasterXML jackson-databind 184.108.40.206
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.8.10
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.8.11
- FasterXML jackson-databind 220.127.116.11
- FasterXML jackson-databind 18.104.22.168
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.8.7
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.8.8
- FasterXML jackson-databind 22.214.171.124
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.8.9
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.0
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.1
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.2
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.4
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.5
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.6
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.8
- FasterXML jackson-databind 2.9.9
- FasterXML jackson-databind 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.4.0
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.4.1
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.5.0
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.6.0
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.6.1
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.6.2
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.7.0
- Oracle Banking Platform 2.7.1
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.2
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.3
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.4
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.5
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.6
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.7
- Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure 8.0.8
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 15.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 16.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 17.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 18.0
- Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service 7.1
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.
If possible, block access to the server at the network perimeter. Allow only trusted computers and networks to have access to the resources.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.
Deploy NIDS to monitor the network for suspicious requests. This may help detect attacks that try to exploit These and similar vulnerabilities. Audit all applicable logs regularly.
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.
To reduce the impact of a successful exploit, run the hosting webserver in a chrooted or jailed environment with the minimal amount of privileges required for functionality.
Implement multiple redundant layers of security.
Various memory-protection schemes (such as nonexecutable and randomly mapped memory segments) may hinder an attacker's ability to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
© 1995- Symantec Corporation
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and email@example.com are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.