November 14, 2019
Symantec Endpoint Protection is prone to a local code-execution vulnerability. A local attacker can leverage this issue to execute arbitrary code in the context of affected application. Failed attempts may lead to denial-of-service conditions. Symantec Endpoint Protection versions prior to 14.2 RU2 are vulnerable.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.0
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.3
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.5
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.0
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 RU1
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.
Ensure that only trusted users have local, interactive access to affected computers.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
© 1995- Symantec Corporation
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and email@example.com are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.