November 6, 2019
Multiple Cisco Products are prone to a local security-bypass vulnerability. An attacker may exploit this issue to bypass certain security restrictions and perform unauthorized actions. This may lead to further attacks. This issue is being tracked by Cisco Bug ID CSCvq29891.
- Cisco RoomOS Software
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 8.0.0
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 8.0.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 8.1.0
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 8.3.7
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.1.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.2.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.3.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.4.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.5.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.5.3
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.6.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.7.1
- Cisco TelePresence CE Software 9.8.0
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.
Ensure that only trusted users have local, interactive access to affected computers.
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.
To limit the impact of latent vulnerabilities, configure servers and other applications to run as a non administrative user with minimal access rights.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
© 1995- Symantec Corporation
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from email@example.com.
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and firstname.lastname@example.org are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.