November 22, 2019
Pivotal RabbitMQ is prone to a remote denial-of-service vulnerability because it fails to sufficiently bounds check user supplied data. Attackers can exploit this issue to crash the affected application, denying service to legitimate users.
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.15
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16.1
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16.2
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16.3
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16.4
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16.5
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.16.6
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.17
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.17.1
- Pivotal RabbitMQ for PCF 1.17.3
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.10
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.15
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.16
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.19
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.2
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.20
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.3
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.5
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.6
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.7
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.8
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.7.9
- Pivotal Software RabbitMQ 3.8
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.
To reduce the impact of latent vulnerabilities, run the application with the minimal amount of privileges required for functionality.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.
Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Do not follow links provided by unknown or untrusted sources.
To reduce the likelihood of attacks, never visit sites of questionable integrity or follow links provided by unfamiliar or untrusted sources.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
Matei "Mal" Badanoiu
© 1995- Symantec Corporation
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and email@example.com are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.