March 18, 2009
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.0
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.1
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.2
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.3
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.4
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.5
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.6
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.7
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.8
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.9
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.1
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.1
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.2
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.2 Security Update 1
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 9
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.0
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.1
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.2
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.3
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.4
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.5
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.6
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.7
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0.8
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.1
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.1
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.1.1
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.1.2
- Adobe Acrobat Standard 9
- Adobe Reader 7.0.0
- Adobe Reader 7.0.1
- Adobe Reader 7.0.2
- Adobe Reader 7.0.3
- Adobe Reader 7.0.4
- Adobe Reader 7.0.5
- Adobe Reader 7.0.6
- Adobe Reader 7.0.7
- Adobe Reader 7.0.8
- Adobe Reader 7.0.9
- Adobe Reader 7.1
- Adobe Reader 8.0
- Adobe Reader 8.1
- Adobe Reader 8.1.1
- Adobe Reader 8.1.2
- Adobe Reader 8.1.2 Security Update 1
- Adobe Reader 9
- Gentoo Linux
- Nortel Networks Self-Service - CCSS7
- Nortel Networks Self-Service MPS 1000
- Nortel Networks Self-Service Peri Application
- Nortel Networks Self-Service Peri Workstation
- SuSE Linux Desktop 10
- SuSE Novell Linux Desktop 9.0.0
- SuSE Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP2
- SuSE Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
- SuSE openSUSE 10.3
- SuSE openSUSE 11.0
- SuSE openSUSE 11.1
- Sun Solaris 10 Sparc
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.
To reduce the impact of latent vulnerabilities, run the application with the minimal amount of privileges required for functionality.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.
Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity including unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Do not accept or execute files from untrusted or unknown sources.
To reduce the likelihood of successful exploits, never handle files that originate from unfamiliar or untrusted sources.
Do not follow links provided by unknown or untrusted sources.
To reduce the likelihood of attacks, never visit sites of questionable integrity or follow links provided by unfamiliar or untrusted sources.
Implement multiple redundant layers of security.
Various memory-protection schemes (such as nonexecutable and randomly mapped memory segments) may hinder an attacker's ability to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code.
Updates are available. Please see the references for details.
Tenable Network Security reported through TippingPoint's Zero Day Initiative
© 1995- Symantec Corporation
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from email@example.com.
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and firstname.lastname@example.org are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.