Discovered: February 16, 2002
Updated: February 13, 2007 11:38:17 AM
UNIX.comp is a companion virus that searches for .elf executables. It copies itself to each .elf file that it finds and renames the original to .<file name>.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version February 19, 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version February 19, 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date February 19, 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.