Discovered: June 13, 2002
Updated: February 13, 2007 11:49:10 AM
Type: Trojan Horse
Systems Affected: Windows
VBS.Netdel is a Trojan horse that is written in VBScript. If it is executed, it attempts to overwrite all files on network drives.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version June 13, 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version June 13, 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date June 19, 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Kaoru Hayashi