Discovered: August 20, 2002
Updated: February 13, 2007 11:53:13 AM
Systems Affected: Windows
W32.Bender.1363 is a Windows virus that infects one file, "Example.exe", if it exists in the same folder as the virus. The virus inserts the viral code into the first section of the file. The original bytes are appended to the last section, along with 173 random bytes from memory.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version August 20, 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version August 20, 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date August 21, 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Douglas Knowles