Discovered: September 05, 2002
Updated: February 13, 2007 11:53:48 AM
Systems Affected: Windows
W32.Resdoc is a worm that periodically attempts to copy itself to drive A. It also copies itself as %windir%\Smss.exe.
NOTE: %windir% is a variable. The worm locates the main Windows installation folder (by default this is C:\Windows or C:\Winnt) and uses it as a destination folder.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version September 06, 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version September 06, 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date September 11, 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.