Discovered: October 17, 2002
Updated: February 13, 2007 11:51:58 AM
Systems Affected: Windows
When W32.Fatuous runs, it copies itself as the file "This is the worm.exe" into the root folders of drives C through K. W32.Fatuous performs no other malicious actions.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version October 17, 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version October 17, 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date October 23, 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.