Discovered: February 11, 2003
Updated: February 13, 2007 11:57:36 AM
Lifeform.2054 is a memory-resident DOS virus that infects .com files.
The virus is encrypted using a simple polymorphic one-byte xor encryption. This means that the key will change between infections. The decryption routine for this virus contains several simple antidebugging tricks.
NOTE: Definitions that have dates earlier than February 11, 2003, detect this virus as BloodHound.ResCOM.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version February 11, 2003
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version February 11, 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date February 12, 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Neal Hindocha