Discovered: June 16, 2003
Updated: February 13, 2007 12:01:57 PM
Type: Trojan Horse
Systems Affected: Windows
BAT.Karal.A is a simple Trojan Horse.
When BAT.Karal.A is executed, it does the following:
- Rewrites the C:\Windows\System.ini file with one contained within itself.
- Create the file, C:\Windows\E.vbs. All the paths are hard-coded in the Trojan.
When E.vbs is run, it will display several messages. Then, this Trojan modifies the E.vbs file by adding a few lines at the top. These lines do not do anything.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version June 16, 2003
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version June 16, 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date June 18, 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Neal Hindocha