Discovered: September 05, 2003
Updated: February 13, 2007 12:04:33 PM
Systems Affected: Windows
When a file is detected as infected with W32.Sobig.F@mm.enc, it indicates that it is a MIME-encoded file that contains the W32.Sobig.F@mm worm.
For additional information, read the document, "What is an .enc detection? " as well as the W32.Sobig.F@mm writeup.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version September 08, 2003
- Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version September 08, 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date September 10, 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Douglas Knowles