Updated: February 13, 2007 11:45:35 AM
Risk Impact: Medium
File Names: MBKWBar.exe IEToolbar.dll
Systems Affected: Windows
Adware.MBKWbar is an adware program that displays advertisements.
Files detected as Adware.MBKWbar.
This adware is installed manually.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version October 02, 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version August 10, 2019 revision 017
- Initial Daily Certified version July 01, 2005
- Latest Daily Certified version August 12, 2019 revision 001
- Initial Weekly Certified release date July 06, 2005
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Adware.Appoli is executed, it performs the following actions:
- Creates the following file:
Note: %ProgramFiles% is a variable that refers to the program files folder. By default, this is C:\Program Files.
- Creates the following registry keys:
- Connects to the domains config.mbkwbar.com and report.mbkwbar.com to register itself and to download configuration parameters.
- Loads IEToolBar.dll with Internet Explorer and displays pop-up advertisements.
1. To uninstall the security risk
This security risk includes an uninstallation applet. In order to uninstall this security risk, complete the following instructions:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel or Start > Control Panel (this varies with the operating system).
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
Windows Me only: If you do not see the Add/Remove Programs icon, click ...view all Control Panel options.
- Click MBKWBar - Toolbar.
Note: You may need to use the scroll bar to view the whole list.
- Click Add/Remove, Change/Remove, or Remove (this varies with the operating system). Follow the prompts.
Note: After running the Add/Remove programs applet, all the files may have been removed. You will want to run a full system scan to ensure that this is the case. However, it is possible that no files will be detected after using Add/Remove programs.