Discovered: October 26, 2007
Updated: October 26, 2007 3:11:33 PM
Systems Affected: Windows
W32.Minera.A is a worm that spreads through network shares and removable drives.
Symantec Security Response is currently investigating this threat and will post more information as it becomes available.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version October 26, 2007 revision 020
- Latest Rapid Release version October 26, 2007 revision 022
- Initial Daily Certified version October 26, 2007 revision 021
- Latest Daily Certified version October 26, 2007 revision 021
- Initial Weekly Certified release date October 31, 2007
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Mircea Ciubotariu