Discovered: May 23, 2018
Updated: May 31, 2018 1:49:39 PM
Infection Length: Varies
Systems Affected: Linux
Linux.VPNFilter is a Trojan horse that may perform malicious activities on the compromised computer.
Symantec Security Response is currently investigating this threat and will post more information as it becomes available.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version May 23, 2018 revision 025
- Latest Rapid Release version November 03, 2019 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version May 23, 2018 revision 035
- Latest Daily Certified version November 04, 2019 revision 060
- Initial Weekly Certified release date May 30, 2018
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.