This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening.
This signature detects an attempt to overflow a buffer in the Yahoo! JukeBox MediaGrid ActiveX control by providing malformed data.
Yahoo! Music Jukebox 'mediagrid.dll' ActiveX control is prone to a buffer-overflow vulnerability because it fails to perform adequate boundary checks on user-supplied input.
An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code in the context of an application using the ActiveX control (typically Internet Explorer). Failed attacks will likely cause denial-of-service conditions.
This issue affects 'mediagrid.dll' 18.104.22.168; other versions may also be vulnerable
- Yahoo! mediagrid.dll 2.2.2 56
- Yahoo! Instant Messenger 3.5
- Yahoo! Instant Messenger build 734
- Yahoo! Instant Messenger build 733
- Yahoo! Messenger 5.5
- Yahoo! Messenger 5.0.1232
- Yahoo! Messenger 5.0.1065
- Yahoo! Messenger 5.0.1046
- Yahoo! Messenger 5.0
- Yahoo! Messenger 4.0