This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening.
This signature detects attempts to exploit a buffer overflow vulnerability in Microsoft Office.
Microsoft Office is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability because the software fails to perform adequate boundary checks on user-supplied data. Specifically, this issue occurs when the application processes crafted PNG files.
An attacker can exploit this issue by enticing an unsuspecting user to open a malicious PNG file.
Successfully exploiting this issue would allow the attacker to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code in the context of the currently logged-in user.
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac 0
- Microsoft Office 2003 SP2
- Microsoft Office 2003 SP1
- Microsoft Office 2003 0
- + Microsoft Excel 2003
- + Microsoft FrontPage 2003
- + Microsoft InfoPath 2003
- + Microsoft OneNote 2003 0
- + Microsoft Outlook 2003 0
- + Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 0
- + Microsoft Publisher 2003