This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening.
This signature detects suspicious activities associated with the download of malware which may result in the compromise of the host.
Downloader does the following:
* Goes to a specific Web or FTP site that its author created and attempts to download new Trojans, viruses, worms, or their components.
* After the Trojan downloads the files, it executes them.
The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.
1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
2. Update the virus definitions.
3. Restart the computer in Safe mode (Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP) or VGA mode (Windows NT).
4. Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Downloader.
5. Clear Internet Explorer History and files, if needed.