Symantec™ Enterprise Security Manager – 11.0 Console update provides fixes for following issues:
- CCS 11.0 uses the CCS maintenance license to download raw data content. Before 11.0, ESM required a separate content license to download message based content.
Resolution: As ESM is now part of the CCS Suite 11.0, ESM will also use the CCS maintenance license to download message based content.
- ESM Console consumed a lot of system memory resources and failed to update an ESM manager using LiveUpdate.
Resolution: This update optimizes the memory consumption of ESM Console.
- ESM Console threw an error when a user tried to add a large number of assets from one domain to another domain.
Resolution: This updated fixes the issue. You can now add assets from one domain to another domain.
Symantec has released the following zip file containing the updated binaries to resolve the issues
Download ESM 11.0 Console Update
After applying this fix, to download message based content, you are required to install the CCS maintenance license using Live Update.
To apply the ESM console update
- Download and extract the contents of the zip file to known location.
- Close the running instances of ESM console.
- Take a backup of the following files, and then copy the new files at the location <ESM_install_directory>\ Enterprise Security Manager\Symantec ESM Enterprise Console:
- Launch the ESM console.