This Symantec™ Enterprise Security Manager 11.0 update for DBConvert provides fixes for following issues:
- DBConvert did not clean the suppression records even after they had been removed from the ESM manager. As a result the reports continued to show the suppression data.
Resolution: This update adds a new parameter "dbconvert.cleansuppression" to the database conversion tool. If the value for the parameter dbconvert.cleansuppression is set to true, suppression records that do not exist on the ESM manager for a policy, are removed from the database.
- Certain types of errored out jobs were re-converted every time DBConvert utility was run, although DBConvert utility must convert each job only once.
Resolution: This update resolves the issue and now the DBConvert utility does not try to re-convert errored out jobs every time the utility is run.
Symantec has released the following zip file containing the updated binaries to resolve the issues.
Download ESM 11.0 update for DBConvert
To apply the DBConvert update
- Download and extract the contents of the zip file to known location.
- Ensure that no DBConvert utility is currently running.
- Take a backup of the following files/folders, and then copy the new files/folders at the location <ESM_install_directory>\Enterprise Security Manager\Symantec ESM Enterprise Utilities:
Run the create.sql and update.sql scripts from the folders MSSQL and Oracle, on the DBConvert database.