October 24, 2008
The ESM modules for MS SQL Server are used to assess the security of MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
For detailed descriptions of new features and enhancements, download the Symantec Enterprise Security Manager™ Modules for MS SQL Server Release Notes.
This release of Symantec Enterprise Security Manager™ Modules for MS SQL Server Databases provides the following enhancements:
- Support for the following:
- MS SQL Server 2008
- MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008 on Windows 2008 platform
- MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008 clusters using the Network based SQL modules
- New SQL Discovery module
The ESM SQL Server Discovery is a host based module and does the following:
- Automates the process of detection and configuration of new server instances that are not yet configured on the local ESM agent computers.
- Detects the unreachable and the deleted server instances that are still configured on the ESM agent computers.
- Lets you delete the unreachable server instances from the ESM agent computers.
- Logging feature for the SQL Server modules
- Two new checks in the SQL Server Accounts module
- Database users
- Rename sa accounts
- Two new checks in the SQL Server Configuration module
- Registry configuration parameters
- Remote servers
- Three new checks in the SQL Server Objects module
- Non-encrypted stored procedures
- Extended stored procedures
- Schema permissions
- One new check in the SQL Server Role module
- Four new checks in the SQL Discovery module
- Detect new instance
- Detect deleted/unreachable instance
- Automatically add new instance
- Automatically delete unreachable instance
- One new template
- Registry Configuration Parameters (SQL Server Configuration)
The updated User’s Guide and Release Notes document all ESM for MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 module enhancements and new features.
Last modified on: October 24, 2008