October 8, 2010
Symantec™ Enterprise Security Manager – 9.0 and 9.0.1
Manager Update provides information about the fix for the issue observed during remote upgrade of agents from ESM 9.0 and 9.0.1 manager.
When a remote upgrade is performed from ESM 9.0 or 9.0.1 manager on any Windows agent with a version earlier than 6.5.3 SP2 (6.0, 6.5, 6.5.3, and 6.5.3 SP1) to 6.5.3 SP2, it fails. This means that you cannot perform a remote upgrade of any Windows agent to 6.5.3 SP2 using ESM 9.0 or 9.0.1 manager.
Symantec has released manager binaries for Windows and Solaris platforms to resolve this issue. After applying this fix, you can upgrade any Windows agent of a version earlier than 6.5.3 SP2 to 6.5.3 SP2 using ESM 9.0 or 9.0.1 manager.
This update applies to those customers who have ESM 9.0 or 9.0.1 manager deployed and want to perform a remote upgrade of Windows agents to ESM 6.5.3 SP2.
After you download the .zip file and extract the binaries, save the new binaries at the following location:
- <Relative Path>\Symantec\ESMManager\Windows\esmmanager.exe
- <Relative path>\Symantec\ESMManager\Solaris-sparc\esmcifd
- <Relative path>\Symantec\ESMManager\Solaris-sparc\esmnetd
Perform the following steps after you extract the binaries:
- Stop the Symantec ESM Manager service for Windows from the Service Control Manager.
- Take a backup of the existing ESM Manager binary (esmmanager.exe) located at:
- Replace the old binary with the downloaded manager binary (esmmanager.exe).
- Start the Symantec ESM Manager Service.
- Stop the ESM Manager daemon by typing the following command:
- Take a backup of the binaries mentioned in step 1 above from the following location:
- Replace the old esmcifd and esmnetd binaries with the new extracted binaries.
- Start the ESM daemons by typing the following command:
Last modified on: October 8, 2010