Symantec has released the update which consists of the Complete RU (Remote Upgrade) package that is used to remote upgrade agents to ESM 9.0.1. The update also consists of ESM manager binaries, which are applicable to ESM 9.0.1 and ESM 10.0 managers.
Note: You must replace the ESM manager binaries, before you apply the remote upgrade fix using the remote upgrade process.
This fix is applicable to the following platforms:
To apply the fix on agents of version earlier than ESM 9.0.1, that are to be upgraded to ESM 9.0.1
Follow the steps given below to apply the fix:
- Replace the following files on ESM Manager:
- For ESM 9.0.1 manager deployed, replace the following files:
- For ESM 10.0 managers deployed, replace the following files:
- Apply the Complete RU package using the following link:
To replace the ESM Manager binary on Windows, do the following:
- Download the zip file from the following link:
For ESM 9.0.1 Manager:
For ESM 10.0 Manager:
- Extract the following files to a suitable location on your local computer:
Note: You do not have to extract version.dat for ESM 10.0 manager.
- Stop the ESM daemons by typing the following command:
- Take a backup of the files mentioned in step a above from the following location:
- Replace the existing files with the files extracted in step a.
- Change the permission of the files you replaced in step e to be executable.
Type the following command:
chmod +x esmcifd
chmod +x esmnetd
chmod +x version.dat
Note: You do not have to change permission of version.dat for ESM 10.0 manager.
- Start the ESM daemons by typing the following command: