Date Discovered November 13, 2012
Description Microsoft IIS is prone to an information-disclosure vulnerability.
An attacker can exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information that may lead to further attacks.
- Avaya Conferencing Standard Edition 6.0.1
- Microsoft IIS 7.5
- Microsoft Windows 7 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 for 32-bit Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 for x64-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Itanium
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Itanium SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 for 32-bit Systems SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 for x64-based Systems SP2
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista x64 Edition Service Pack 2
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells. Given the nature of this vulnerability, allow only trusted users to have local access to affected computers.
Updates are available. Please see the references for more information.
Credits Justin Royce of ProDX
Copyright © Symantec Corporation.
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from email@example.com
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and firstname.lastname@example.org
are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.