Date Discovered October 8, 2013
Description Microsoft Windows is prone to a local information-disclosure vulnerability.
Local attackers can exploit these issues to disclose sensitive information on the affected system. This information may be used in further attacks.
- Avaya Aura Conferencing Standard
- Avaya CallPilot
- Avaya Communication Server 1000 Telephony Manager
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Client Registration Server
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Recording Server
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Streaming Server
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Web Conferencing Server
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Webportal
- Avaya Messaging Application Server
- Microsoft Windows 8 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8 for 64-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows RT
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (Server Core installation)
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker requires local access to an affected computer. Grant local access for trusted and accountable users only.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
Copyright © Symantec Corporation.
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and email@example.com
are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.