Date Discovered August 12, 2014
Description Microsoft SQL Server is prone to a local denial-of-service vulnerability.
Attackers can exploit this issue to cause a system to stop responding, denying further service to legitimate users.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 32bit SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 for 32-bit Systems Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 itanium SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 x64 SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 for 32-bit Systems Service Pack 1
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 for x64-based Systems
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells. Ensure that only trusted users have local, interactive access to affected computers.
Updates are available. Please see the references or contact the vendor for more information.
Credits The vendor reported this issue.
Copyright © Symantec Corporation.
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and email@example.com
are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.